Have you ever had a brownie that was ooey, gooey and oh so chewy with such a richness to it that you’ve absolutely GOT to add ice cream on the side JUST to make it LESS decadent?! Well get ready, my lovelies. Because if you are a chocolate lover and looking for a recipe to indulge EVERY possible craving you could have, this is the answer.
A fair warning, though – these things are like chocolate crack. A little bit goes a VERY long way, and you are in danger of getting diabetes just from a bite. But if Death by Chocolate was a real thing… then THIS would be the way to go.
I might actually volunteer to be buried in this fudgey concoction. At least I haven’t ruled it out…
Get ready to hit the gym, because this one is one you’ll want to make again and again. NOT for the faint of heart.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
By November 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Need a chocolate fix above all others? This one is everything you EVER wanted in a brownie.
- 1 box your favorite brownie mix
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil or as called for by the brownie mix
- 1 egg or as called for by the brownie mix
- 16 Oreo cookies whole
- 1/2 Cup cookies and cream ice cream
- 1/2 Cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 Cup milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg and oil to create a thick batter.
- Add in the ice cream and chocolate fudge and continue to stir until everything is combined and all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread half the batter into an 8 x 8 baking dish, making sure to spray it with cooking spray first.
- Place the Oreo cookies out across the batter in a 4 x 4 pattern.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips on top of this layer.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top of the Oreos and chocolate chips and make sure they are all covered.
- Sprinkle the top of the brownies with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Place the dish in the oven, following the directions on the brownie mix. It is a good idea to add a few minutes extra, as these come out EXTRA gooey and you want to make sure they are not undercooked.