When the holidays begin to roll around, I start getting a hankering for pie. And this white chocolate peppermint pie is truly in keeping with the holiday spirit!
The gentle peppermint flavor of the white chocolate mousse is enhanced with chopped up candy canes and some chocolate peppermint Hershey’s kisses. A prepared chocolate graham cracker crust makes it so easy to throw this together in minutes, and its cloudlike consistency will melt in your mouth and leave you feeling nostalgic for those old Christmas memories.
Garnish with a peppermint leaf for a truly beautiful presentation.
White Chocolate Peppermint Pie
By November 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
A yummy dessert for the holiday season.
- 1 prepared chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 package white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 Cup half and half
- 10 small candy canes broken or chopped up
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 Cup Cool Whip thawed
- 8 - 10 chocolate peppermint Hershey's Kisses
- 1 tsp chocolate powder to garnish
- Use a whisk or electric beaters to whip the half and half into a thick froth. The thicker the better, as this is what will give the pudding its thicker consistency.
- Add the pudding mix and the peppermint extract to the bowl and mix together to create a thick mousse.
- Add the chopped up candy cane pieces into the mixture and stir.
- Add the mousse into your prepared chocolate graham cracker crust and spread out evenly.
- Add the Cool Whip on top and spread out, leaving attractive peaks and troughs with a spoon.
- Garnish around the edges with the peppermint Hershey's Kisses and sprinkle with a bit of powdered chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set it completely.